If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Further progress on the home PC

Well, I just lost my previous post so this will be a lot shorter than intended.

I got the scanner driver installed, and got Lotus SmartSuite and OpenOffice installed. I'm going to migrate from SmartSuite's WordPro application to OpenOffice. I am also going to look at AbiWord because it might be faster.

I just installed both AbiWord and OpenOffice on my work PC and OpenOffice was MUCH better (almost perfect) at importing the Christmas letter I typed in MS Word. AbiWord did a half-decent job, but I'd rate it a C-. That answers that question.

I was unable to get my ATI TV Wonder card working, even though I did get the drivers installed . I'll try to get the drivers, but it might not be a biggie. It looks like it is pretty easy to get those card function in Linux and maybe I could extract the video files in Linux.


That's all for now. . .

0 comments: