If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wednesday evening

Got home and took the kids outside to play. Tried to teach Owen to pump his legs when swinging. Nothing doing. It'll take him a while to get as good as Annika. The swingset has begun to rock back and forth a little when the kids swing on it. A few bags on QuickCrete should go a long way. The kids have been digging in the yard so I spent a few minutes applying grass patch. Annika and Owen helped me scrape and water the bald spots, then I put on the mulch/fertilizer/grass mixture. So far the grass patching products and even grass seed have not been as magical as they promise, but you gotta keep trying. Maybe I just haven't been careful enough, or used too little.

Alex was a little upset and wasn't happy being outside when Sandy was inside. When he was inside, he kept wanting to come out. His strong will will be a benefit later in life. Notice I said later.

The vent cover in our kitchen wood floor broke, so we went to Menards to get a new one. Wrong size. I went back, got the right one, and came back. The hole was too small. I don't have a jigsaw so I called a neighbor to borrow one. I made the hole bigger, and popped in the cover. It kinda fit, but is slightly raised due to the little tabs at the underside of the vent cover that I didn't plan for. If it becomes a problem, I will fiz it, but it seems fine for now.

Mike made a new video with some background music by Jack Johnson that Sandy and I watched. Mike really looks a lot like Charles.

0 comments: