If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

The 10 minute post


I just ran "Nextcall" a tool that tells me who to call and what to do and it told me to go "Available." This means I am to sit and wait for a call, if I have nothing else to do. (It took me a minute to create and upload that picture...) Here we go:

Today I took a lunch.

To most people this is no big deal, but I never take them. Years ago I developed a system whereby if IBMers in my group work through their lunch, they can leave an hour early, just as long as there enough people who have agreed (by taking a lunch hour) to stay until 5. It's called the "Buddy Board." I took the name from the buddy boards from the swim area at camp. Today, there were a few people who were sick and others scheduled off in the afternoon, so took a lunch break.

For my lunch break, I went out looking for a present for Sandy. I don't get out much by myself. I first went to a True Value hardware store that specializes in high end cookery, but I didn't find anything that caught my eye. Quite honestly, I wanted to get her a nice shirt or fancy brassiere, but. . .I can look for those when I have more time.

I drove downtown. I so rarely drive downtown I felt like I was lost.

I just got a call, but it is really easy, so I'll keep typing. . .an older female customer is wondering why she can't print multiple copies. (She needs to change her destination options parameter in her output queue description from *NONE to XAIX. Once changed, it worked fine.)

So anyway, I drove downtown. The store I really like shopping at is called Tangerine Gifts. It used to be called Tangerine at Wildflowers -- horrible name. The stuff they have there is really kitchy, which I like. I like cute stuff. Cute bath products, fancy soaps, and trendy things. I guess at heart I am not much of a man, but at least I don't shop at Wal-Mart. This place sells only high priced stuff from the Orient. I bought Sandy a bar of French Melon Pear soap for $7.95. She is worth every penny. I should also mention that on the way in I fed the meter for another car whose meter was expired. Five cents and my conscience is clean for four minutes.

After buying the soap, I walked out and dropped it in the car and walked into the Barnes and Noble. The store is in what used to be a movie theatre. I would have gone into the local bookseller that was right by my car, but they don't sell chocolate, now do they?

That's enough for now.

1 comments:

Heather 6/02/2006 12:48:00 AM  

Hello Kurt and Sandy.
I'm Miranda and Kenny's mom from PAIIR.
I won't pretend to know all that IBM stuff you're talking about.

I like Tangerine too. I haven't been there in about a year though. It's hard to take two kids downtown, especially into a store that gives you approximately 12 inches clearance between products. Grabby toddlers are not welcome there.

But seriously, $7.95 for a soap? One soap???? Honestly, Sandy is definitely worth every penny, but the mere cost, for me as a stay home mom, would make me want to murder my husband.

Sandy, I made your Chocolate Crunch Brownie recipe for my Bunco group tonight and everyone thought I was a culinary genious, Thank YOU!