If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday, June 7, 2006

A wrap-up post of the past few days...

  • Found an interesting article on the Ark of the Covenant. Maybe it was a crude capacitor. Chapters 25, 26, 27, and 28 of Exodus basically comprise specific instructions on making the Ark and a Tabernacle made with wood and metal, and to be draped in ram and badger fur, and instructions for making metal clothing. The Ark is to be placed in this building and God himself says in Exodus Chapter 25, verse 22:

    And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

    Basically, the article says that the Ark and the building would get charged up with static electricity and a massive spark would jump between the winged figures on the top of the Ark. From the article:

    Because of its size, and the relation of capacity to charge, it would not be possible to touch the Ark by hand or with any form of implement to discharge it. The Ark would have carried a charge of thousands of volts, and because the human body is a better conductor than air, it would have killed anyone who got too close to it. Sound familiar?

    Read the article!

  • Last night I watched Cinderella Man. Excellent movie. I remembered after watching that I heard an NPR show about Max Baer, who is made to look like an uncaring boxer who killed two other boxers. In truth, Max Baer was simply a powerful fighter who was unfortunate to have caused the deaths of two other men. He actually put the children of one of the men he killed through college. So don't believe everything you read, or watch.

    In fact, the more I read about the history of boxing, the more interesting it is to me.

  • Sandy suggested that I offer memberships to this blog to all the Moms in Annika's pre school. As a member you would become a "Bloggie" (ala Groupie) and would be entitled to the following benefits:

    - 20% off admission to the Como Park Zoo
    - $2 off admission to the Zollman Zoo at Oxbow Park in Byron
    - free popcorn at any of the Schroeder family's one locations
    - free childsitting on any day that does not end in a Y
    - $200 for passing GO

    Of course, you would have to swear your undying loyalty to this blog posting, unless it starts to really suck. Like...right about now.

  • I have been thinking of designing Christmas Letters as a business.

  • Sandy is thinking of starting her own blog. And she wants a digital camera to go with it. I think her first blog posting will be called "The No Obligation Friendship" and will deal with her love of friends who only invite her over when they want her to buy stuff at parties.

4 comments:

Michael and Anne 6/08/2006 10:28:00 AM  

Designing Xmas letters would be a bad business because nobody reads them.

Heather 6/08/2006 10:16:00 PM  

Wow those are some great benefits! How much IS 20% off free? My kids will be over for the popcorn. Hope you have a bunch.

Sandy would write a great blog as well, as I've told her.

And you are all welcome at my house anytime. You don't even need to buy anything.

Karen 6/08/2006 11:00:00 PM  

1) I'm in it for the free popcorn.

2) Hey! I sell stuff!

3) Sandy should absolutely drink the kool-aid and start a blog.

4) I respectfully disagree with Michael and Anne. I read the Christmas letters and laugh at them. I could be your first customer AND Sandy could sell them at parties.

Kurt Schroeder 6/09/2006 12:59:00 PM  

If no one read them I wouldn't need to write much or spell check.