If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, August 07, 2006

East of the Sun, West of the Moon

Today at work I kinda feel sandwiched between 2 people. One person didn't want to take the time to read a comm trace for one of my customers. The other one took over a call and troubleshot it without my knowledge after I specifically asked him to help me troubleshoot it so I could learn more about the internals of the system. When confronted he said that there was no reason for him to take the time to show me what he did, and that these types of calls should "just go to the SME" (subject matter expert) because they were too detailed and he thought that our customer satisfaction was lagging because we weren't getting people the right answers quickly enough. That would be great if we had at least 2 SME's for each product we support, but on many of them we only have one. . .so basically, one person in our group has most of the DEEP skill for many of our products. That's a recipe for disaster, in my mind.

So anyway, feeling the way I do I created the following Windows background image. Feel free to use it yourself.



Actually that image didn't make sense.



That's better.

2 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 8/08/2006 09:20:00 AM  

Moon shadow is wrong. :-)

Kurt Schroeder 8/08/2006 10:00:00 AM  

I am the polar bear and I'm feeling grizzly.