If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More than a third of my day. . .

Recently a coworker noted on my blog that I had posted regarding the behavior of my coworkers. And I did. I want to go on record as saying that while I may take advantage of this blog to discuss things I am upset about, or relate a story about my coworkers, I will never make any statement in this blog that I would not say to the person. I will also never name people who I am writing about, if I write about them in any negative way. In the case of the posting in question, I confronted the first person I mentioned, and the second person knows how I feel, too. This is not a place to confront people, but I do feel justified in describing the one third of my day that I spend between these walls at IBM.

As some of my coworkers read this blog, I invite them to comment.

3 comments:

Sandra 8/16/2006 03:07:00 PM  

What I like about blogging is that you can vent and write with no expectations at all.
I see your writing on this blog as your way to share about your life, your kids, your job, subjects that you like....and most of all enjoy writing!
I am still working on becoming a blogger and loosing the fear of disclosing my private life and thoughts. That's a personal thing.
As you requested co-workers to comment on this, here I am.
I strongly believe that if disclosing and sharing events of your life (inlcluding work / without mentioning names) does no make you feel bad, than I would not worry about. It is your way of venting.
My husband always says to me that when I am upset about something I should write a letter to myself. That's supposed to make me feel better. Sometimes it really does!

Justme 8/18/2006 06:20:00 PM  

I do thank you for responding to my comment. It made me feel a lot better knowing you weren't out to hurt anyone. You know me. I'm a big softie, for better or worse. I hate it when there's a conflict between people I like. Besides that, I was also worried you might open a can of worms for yourself by putting your work rants in your blog. It can be a little dangerous- like telling off-color jokes at work. You just never know when someone might take great offense and start escalating things. I've watched people get fired for stuff like this at other jobs I've had. And whether I think that's right or that's wrong, it's a reality. I like working with you and I'd like to keep it that way! Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe I'm just extra-careful,... but that's my two cents, anyway. I know you'll do what you like with it. :)

Anyhow, I'm like Sandra. I'm thinking about starting a blog, too, and much like her, I also have a fear of putting my life out there on the web for all to read. (More power to those who are brave enough to do it!) So, I'm still looking for a creative way to have a blog and avoid sharing my personal life. Hopefully I'll have a start on something soon. Then you can get on my blog and start making ANONYMOUS comments. :)

Kurt Schroeder 8/18/2006 10:25:00 PM  

Maybe you can write a fictional blog. I have thought of doing that myself.