If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Old Movies

For people with young kids, it can be hard to find good videos for our kids to watch. And we don't want to be forced to watch Wiggles or Thomas more than we have to. I found a great website with movies to download and watch or burn. Here's the hitch - they are old (mostly black and white) movies like our parents used to watch. One example is Tomorrow's Drivers a brief video (narrarated by Jimmy Stewat) that shows a driving class for very young children. Lots of old social propoganda (Duck and Cover) but all in all, a treasure trove of interesting movies for young and old alike.

Enjoy the Prelinger Archive.

3 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 8/15/2006 10:24:00 AM  

Bugs Bunny in the Opera Cartoon
Sandy and I love this one.

Sandy 8/15/2006 12:57:00 PM  

sshhh! I'm hunting wabbits...

Man, I wish I had a magic helmet!

That cartoon is simply genius.

Heather 8/15/2006 10:55:00 PM  

M really loves the old Casper cartoons. I've bought them on DVD for a buck at different stores. She asks for Casper a lot. Or Popeye, or Superman.