If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, September 25, 2006

More bicycle saga...

So the last time I rode my bike to work was this spring. Jumping over a pot hole, I broke a spoke. I gave it up after finding out how much it would be to replace. ~ $75. Three weeks ago, however, I ordered a FiberFix kevlar replacement spoke. It came in and I picked it up Saturday. I installed it Sunday and rode the bike intodayl Thespoke performed flawlessly. However, I blew a backtire. Again, about $75 to replace.

SO...

I will be riding in Sandy's bike from now on and I am making plans to have my wheels rebuilt from sew-ups to clinchers. I want to keep my Campagnolo hubs, which are beautiful.

(Not my actual hub but a picture of one just like it.)

I will probably go with a pair of Mavic Open Pro rims, whioch are about 70 bucks each. I don't know what the wheel building will set me back, but it's worth it to have a good bike in good shape. I can't afford to buy a new bike, but I'd like to have a bike that I can afford to ride.

2 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 9/25/2006 11:29:00 PM  

I am considering ordering my wheels from Peter White Cycles in New Hampshire. I sent him my little sob story with a link to more pictures of my bike here --http://kurtandsandy.com/bike.html.

Sandy 9/26/2006 03:24:00 PM  

You may use my bike, but only if you promise no Wheelies!