If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, September 25, 2006

More bicycle saga...

So the last time I rode my bike to work was this spring. Jumping over a pot hole, I broke a spoke. I gave it up after finding out how much it would be to replace. ~ $75. Three weeks ago, however, I ordered a FiberFix kevlar replacement spoke. It came in and I picked it up Saturday. I installed it Sunday and rode the bike intodayl Thespoke performed flawlessly. However, I blew a backtire. Again, about $75 to replace.

SO...

I will be riding in Sandy's bike from now on and I am making plans to have my wheels rebuilt from sew-ups to clinchers. I want to keep my Campagnolo hubs, which are beautiful.

(Not my actual hub but a picture of one just like it.)

I will probably go with a pair of Mavic Open Pro rims, whioch are about 70 bucks each. I don't know what the wheel building will set me back, but it's worth it to have a good bike in good shape. I can't afford to buy a new bike, but I'd like to have a bike that I can afford to ride.

2 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 9/25/2006 11:29:00 PM  

I am considering ordering my wheels from Peter White Cycles in New Hampshire. I sent him my little sob story with a link to more pictures of my bike here --http://kurtandsandy.com/bike.html.

Sandy 9/26/2006 03:24:00 PM  

You may use my bike, but only if you promise no Wheelies!