If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Childhood Memories

1. Getting a blue Trans-Am at the John Hancock Center.
2. Pushing a real train through a closed/locked gate in Green Bay on a night-time expedition.
3. When Erik and I each got a General Lee and played with them for an hour, rolling them at eah other until they were completely destroyed.
4. Stompers. The first ones were great, the second ones couldn't climb anything, but had lights and stuff. Lame. Erik and I used to take them apart. Sometimes they worked again.
5. Tent camping in Banff and dreaming about Stormtroopers coming through the firest. Then they all took off their helmets and they were beautiful women.
6. Almost drowning in Rockford, Illinois.
7. Drinking my Dad's cold coffee when I would wake up early.
8. Watching the test pattern, and then the Ag report.
9. Watching the same WWF and Michael Jordan highlight videos over and over.
10. Building forts in the backyard.
11. When I tried to climb a tree by making a pulley system out of a piece of rope and my belt loops.
12. Watching Chris Paider starta grease fire in our kitchen while trying to make popcorn.
13. The wonderful smell of pipe smoke from my neighbor George Raasch.

2 comments:

Sandy 11/28/2006 08:39:00 AM  

Are you sure these are CHILDHOOD memories. I could have sworn that you started a grease fire last week, and I found two very damaged General Lee's under the bed.

Hmmm....

Thanks for this, by the way.

laker73 11/30/2006 08:33:00 PM  

Stompers? -- yes Stompers --- I remember my nephews & yes, Steve playing with them. They would have hours of fun with them. I do agree the 2nd edition of them just weren't the same.