If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Garbage Day Ho Hum

Woke up this morning. The kids were still sleeping--Alex next to Sandy, and Annika and Owen all snug in their beds, while visions of stuffed horses and hot dogs danced in their heads. Realized the dishes hadn't been washed. Damn. I hand washed the few things the kids would need (though I think I forgot spoons - sorry Sandy) and then washed the dog dishes and let Yorkie out. Went down to take care of my cat duties. Annika woke up. Came up and folded two baskets of laundry, though the adult set was mostly hangable stuff. At this all the kids were up. Quickly finished what I was doing, threw on my Black Packers Turtleneck and some blue jeans, grabbed a banana for breakfast, hugged the kids and headed out the door.

No traffic on the way to work. Drove about 72 mph down 52, keeping up with everyone else who leaves home at 6:50 to get to work at 7:00. Ran up the 4 flights of stairs to the sixth floor of my building and plopped down in my chair.

Updated a few of the calls on my printer problem backlog, left some voice mails for 2 people in Maryland, and ran Nextcall. It told me to go AVAIL.

. . .

After a few hours I have come back to finish my post.

Last night I cut and folded my Hatch for Governor sign for shipping to Karen. I based it on a paper folding technique I used to create small 8 page booklets for Annika to make stories.



I had to make an extra cut because the sign wouldn't fold properly.

I am honestly trying to decide if I want to buy the Nintendo WII that is coming out, or if I should wait for when it is a bit cheaper.

Tonight Matt and Kate Larson will come over and eat some Pizza. I should probably pick up some O'Fallon Smoked Porter and make Matt try some. At the Rochester Octoberfest, he refused. :-)

2 comments:

Heather 11/15/2006 09:37:00 PM  

I witnessed the package ready to go to Karen. I have to admit I'd never have thought about how to send something like that through the mail. So does she just tape it together again?

Alex told me he got a balloon last night. Nice bribery, Dad.

Sandy 11/15/2006 09:47:00 PM  

Yah! When I stay at home with the kids, I put them to bed at 7 p.m.

Kurt takes them out for balloons and cruise around the toy store. This morning Annika asked me when I was planning to go out again...whatever!