If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Living to 100...

Heather posted some info about a site she visited that told her how long she could expect to live. I visited the site too, Living to 100, and it told me:



Based on my answers it came up with the following suggestions:

PERSONAL
+ 2.0 You have noted that you lead a fairly stressful life. Identifying and lessening the sources of your stress, if you can, could add one-two years to your life depending upon just how much of a change you are able to make.

LIFESTYLE
+ 0.5 Minimizing or cutting out your caffeinated coffee consumption completely could provide you with about half a year more in life expectacy
+ 1.0 If it is ok with your doctor, taking an 81 mg aspirin every day improves your hear and brain health and could help you delay or escape a heart attack or stroke. It is best to take the aspirin every day rather than your occasional habit of taking aspirin. Taking an aspirin each day, perferably in the evening, could add another year to your life expectancy.
+ 1.0 There is a clear link between the inflammation of gum disease and heart disease. Do a good job of flossing daily and you could add a year to your life expectancy.

NUTRITION
+ 1.0 Cutting back sweets in your diet to 1-2 times per week or less could add a year to your life expectancy
+ 5.0 Increasing your exercise regimen to 4 days a week could add a year and a half, to 5 days a week could add 3 years, to 6 or 7 days a week could add 5 years to your life expectancy

MEDICAL
+ 1.0 Examining yourself for cancer could add a year to your life expectancy
+ 0.25 It is wise to keep a record of your laboratory tests and other health data that might be hard for you to remember. Doing so could add a quarter of a year.
+ 1.0 Decreasing your diastolic blood pressure (the second of the two numbers) to less than 80 or even lower could add 1 year to your life expectancy
+ 0.5 Getting your blood sugar checked could add half a year to your life expectancy
I answered all the questions honestly, including the fact that I don't floss every day, eat grilled red meat, and snack on all kinds of crap. Let's hope they don't mean dog years.

Woof.

A-ha! I unchecked the fact that one of my grandparents lived until 98or older and it told me I would only live until 91. I think my paternal grandpa lived til a 100 though. I'll have to check into it. Mom?

1 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 3/14/2007 06:10:00 AM  

Hmmm maybe he was closer to 90 then. I better ask GB.