Certain things in a relationship are forgivable:
- Running over the dog.
- Forgetting to take out the garbage.
- Unscrewing a packed drain pipe and flooding the laundry room with black chum.
- Not making the bed.
- Leaving socks around.
- Forgetting to shut the screen door so you think the cat got out.
- Not getting someone a really great gift for their 30th birthday.
- Buying Country Time fruit juice for snack day at PAAIR.
- Having a celebrity call up and leave a message.
- Losing my wedding ring.
Forgetting to schedule vacation days for Christmas break and our anniversary.
Strike that last one.
Every year since I have worked at IBM I have always remembered to take vacation days for late December. This year, I forgot. When I went to put in the days now, they were rejected because we had too many people off.
There are a couple things that would possibly save this situation:
- Every year a few people take too many days off and have to unschedule their vacation time.
- I could probably finagle my anniversary because that day has low call volumes and I could really beg for it.
Sandy, I am truly sorry and I feel awful. I will try to make this right and get some days off.
- I sent a note to my coworkers who had the 26th off telling that if they used too many vacation days and would have to give some back to notify me so that "I would be able to celebrate my 10th Anniversary in 2008."
- I was able to get the 27th and 28th off.
- I put in a reminder in mid November of this year telling me to schedule my vacation days for 2008 in advance. Usually there is 1 or 2 people who have to give up some vacation days and end up giving some back. Hopefully I will be able to get that happening for me.