If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Month with Facebook

I spent just over a month on Facebook and I learned a lot.

  1. Mafia Wars is a neverending pit of time wasting with no end in sight.

  2. People who spent time at Skogfjorden sure do have a lot of their emotional lives tied up with Skogfjorden. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
  3. Some people from my youth grew up and look the same.
  4. Some look different.
  5. Creating a fake Facebook profile is very easy and its a good way to collect a lot of random friends you could give a crap about.
  6. I tended to write status updates "Kurt is drinking coffee." just so that I knew that other people would see me on it. That's pretty dumb.
  7. My SuperPoke pet pig Bacon got a girlfriend named Mrs. Nesbitt. Because Mrs. Nesbitt is the pet of my wife Sandy, Bacon received lots of presents. These were nice to get.

  8. Most things that people write on Facebook are annoying to read and I wind up not caring.
  9. My political side tends to come out and I can't just let things go without commenting.
  10. I think Facebook's primary use for sane individuals should be as a place to find people who used to be your friend so you can check up on them and maybe get their address for actual communication.
  11. Facebook fiends are not actual friends. Sometimes they are people who simply clicked an OK button.
Argh.

I am a hater. I know that. It's part of who I am.

I am sure that Facebook serves a purpose, but for right now, I am done with it. Primarily it's a waste of time, and as far as friends go, I have three friends:

1. Alex
2. Dan
3. Thor

These are people that:
  • I always feel like myself around.
  • I don't miss when they are gone because I know I will see them again.
  • I actually care about.
  • Wouldn't care how I ordered the above list!
This is not to say that the other people on Facebook are not my friends, but. . .they aren't. They are just people I knew or used to know. Some of the people I didn't ever know and I added them by accident and they added me and. . .ugh. Here they are:



Some of my Facebook friends are friends of Sandy. And I love Sandy's friends. In fact I have arrangements with several of them in case anything ever goes awry and brake lines are cut, but until such time, I will be sitting here on my own little piece of the Information Supertube. Writing to people who. . .while they may not all be my friends, had to go there extra effort to see what I was up to.

"Kurt is back on the Blogger."

4 comments:

Amy 3/20/2009 10:40:00 AM  

Glad to see you back. I am a Facebook Hater, too.

Sandy 3/21/2009 02:35:00 AM  

Mrs. Nesbitt misses her Bacon.

Kurt Schroeder 3/05/2015 09:42:00 AM  

Jonas is on this list but he is my brother not my "friend."

Kurt Schroeder 7/30/2015 10:36:00 AM  

Ha I just looked and this list even included Sandy. I hope none of my friends took this to mean that I did not love them as friends. What a silly picture for this post. Dumb.