So far Sandy and I have managed to get a lot done with the bathroom.
What we have done:
- Removed the old tub surround
- Removed the mirror
- Primed and painted with a beautiful blue color
- Installed a new fan.
- Installed a new mirror.
- Partially installed new tub surround (ARRGH!)
- Framed some beautiful black and white photos of the kids
What we have yet to do:
- Finish installing tub surround
- Install new ceiling tiles
- Install rubber floor trim
- Install a new light above the tub
Things I have learned:
- Installing new drywall can be easy if it is rigid concrete-y stuff for tubs and wet areas. It can be cut with a box cutter and sanded to fit with a shaving tool.
- Double-check the smoothness of walls and take your time applying skim-coats of mud and sanding them down.
- Work goes faster if your workspace is clean.
- When installing a tub surround, have plenty (2-3 cans per piece) of tub surround caulk ready.
- Carefully tape your tub off so that the caulk that drips off the tub walls does not land on your tub.
The color of the bathroom:
Benjamin Moore Carribean Coast