If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Lighting a cigarette with a flamethrower. . .

when a simple match would do.

I have struggled with the task of intertwining video clips together the past few weeks at work. I started the project NOT wanting to rely on a professional (expensive) application like Adobe Premier, which I know would do the job. Instead I wanted to complete the task with a free software.

I found Cinelerra which is an open source/Linux video software which does the same things as Premiere, but I have found it to be very complex and frustrating, and besides that, the videos which seem to play well in Windows crash in Linux. So today I happened upon the idea of using Blender instead. Blender is a free and open source 3d rendering application which allows people to make complex movies like the one below. Apparently, you can also use it to do the simpler task of joining/blending multiple videos together.

Example video made in Blender
I am hopeful.

2 comments:

ellen 7/01/2009 12:58:00 PM  

LOVE the video. As the Brits say, You're too clever by half.

Kurt Schroeder 7/03/2009 08:34:00 PM  

This will not work. I was advised by a videographer I found online to use Sony Vegas instead. It works well so far!