If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Curbing my Enthusiasm for Facebook

Anyone who has not seen Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm is missing out on some good TV. Basically, it is about a man who keeps getting into very uncomfortable unintentional situations which cause him social harm and hurt the feeling of his loved ones.


The first episode "Pants Tent" involves a situation in which a pair of bunchy pants winds up making his wife's friend feel that she has arounsed him.



Recently I was involved in an unfortunate web browsing incident which involved:
  • a co-worker with a sense of humor
  • a shared enjoyment of stupid websites
  • a website for desperate people seeking booty calls
  • an old website I made for tricking spammers
  • a fake email account
  • a PO'd spouse
I posted an full account of the incident on my FaceBook page, which I rarely use, but which is good for reconnecting with old friends. School, camp, etc...

No one commented. No one wrote to say: That is so funny! or No way that kinda thing happened to me!

Instead I got crickets chirping.

So I deleted all my Facebook friends except for Sandy and Jonas. Facebook is basically only good for playing Bejeweled anyway.

0 comments: