If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Roofing - Day 2

ROOFING SUCKED TODAY


Showers off and on

Sustained wind gusts of over 30 MPH

Several of the cources of roofing on the main house felt blew off at 10:00 and I had to go and put them back on and then secure them with 2x4s.

Finished installing weather shield and roofing felt IN THE DARK.

But you know what?

I liked it.

It was exciting, and dangerous. It was kind of thrilling.

Some parts I did with help.

Some parts I did alone.

But I did it.

And for that, I am a better and more rounded person.

Have I roofed in a windstorm in dark of night? YES.

2 comments:

Sierra Nordgren 10/14/2011 04:48:00 PM  

Life's more fun when you're standing on the edge, and in this case, it seems to be the roof. Heh. Really, doing the roofing can be pretty fun. You get to see lots of things you wouldn't usually see when you're on the ground.

Well, I'm glad you had fun.

Max Boughner 11/23/2011 12:24:00 PM  

Live like a double-edged sword! LOL. I'm glad your roofing was a total success. I, too, had fun fixing our roof yesterday. It was a bit tiring, but I had fun. And just like what you said, it's thrilling!