If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Finding people by helping them find themselves. . .

There is a button on my phone at work that says AVAIL. When I am sitting AVAIL, any incoming phone call to the AS4PRT live ring will ring my phone. However, until it does, I am pretty much free to do what I want. I can check my e-mail, or edit a Software Knowledge Base Document, or analyze a comm trace or look at other customer problem data. If I'm caught up with my work, sometimes I like to use Google to try and find old friends of mine. However, I have very little luck. Either the people I went to school with disappeared off the face of the earth, which would be fine by me in most cases, or they are noticably absent from Google's vast array of web pages. It's possible that I could find them by using another search engine, but I came up with a better way to do it--I could help them find themselves.

So this blog entry, which will change over time, will contain a list of people that I used to know and would like see or talk to again. For each person, I will write down their name when I knew them, and any information that I know about them. My hope is that anyone searching for themselves on Google would their way to my web page where they could contact me. . .this assumes of course that they want to. The obvious benefit of this is that if they DON'T want to contact me, it avoids any uncomfortably brief conversations that might ensue if I were to have found them.

Here we go:

Kurt Hale Schroeder

Born in Green Bay Wisconsin. Lived in Oneida Wisconsin in the Town of Howard in Brown County. Attented Hillcrest School, Lannoye School, and Pulaski High School. Graduated from the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) in 1997. Married Sandy Tinsley also of Duluth Minnesota. Has 3 children: Annika Hale Schroeder, Owen Leif Schroeder, and Alexander (Alex) Nelson Schroeder. Works at IBM. Lives in Rochester Minnesota.


Erik Robert Schroeder
Born in Green Bay Wisconsin. Lived in Oneida Wisconsin in the Town of Howard in Brown County. Attented Hillcrest School, Lannoye School, and Pulaski High School. Graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Married Neslihan Erseven from Turkey. Has 1 child: Asli Beste Schroeder. Lives in St. Paul, Minnesota.


Scott Meek and Fran (Ball) Meek
Born in New Hampshire. Last lived in Lebanon before moving to a small farm near Pulaski. Scott's father owned a hydroponic greenhouse where they grew the biggest tomatoes and cucumbers you ever saw. He had a really nice sister named Janet. Scott graduated from Pulaski High School in 1992, and went on to the University of Wisconsin River Falls. Scott married Fran Ball, also of Pulaski, Wisconsin. The last I knew, Scott was working for Schroeder Floral in Green Bay, and Fran was a Program Coordinator at Fallen Timbers Environmental Center in Seymour Wisconsin. Her e-mail address is fallentimbers2@gbonline.com. I sent her an e-mail but never received a response.


Tim Daanen
Tim Daanen attended Hillcrest, Lannoye, and Pulaski High School with me. His father Roger Daanen co-owns B&D Warehouse in Green Bay with Tim's Mom. Tim was in Cub Scouts with me and his dad was one of our troop leaders. The last time I saw a member of the Daanen family, it was outside the Great Harvest Bread store in De Pere. Mrs. Daanen said that Tim had been robbed a few months before and was pretty upset about it. I found proof of this after finding a story Tim wrote about his intership with Springs Industries in South Carolina. He wrote, "One night I went to a bar in Charlotte with a friend to hear a jazz band. I entered with $50. I came home with $0. No, I didn’t buy drinks for everyone, or drink fifty dollars’ worth of liquor myself. I was robbed at gunpoint after I left the bar. However, he was a pleasant thief as he didn’t harm my friend or me, and actually waited for my friend to get her wallet out of her purse, rather than taking her purse. I almost thought I was dealing with a bank teller."

I had a similiar situation happen in Duluth. I wasn't robbed, but a vagrant who asked me for money was so adamant about it, and demanded that I give him more than I did, that I got really upset and yelled at the person. Experiences like that really make you feel like less of a person.

Tim also wrote about a visit he made to Central Storage and Warehouse (CSW) in Madison. Both of these experiences occured while he was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business.

I used Wisconsin Circuit Court Access to find Tim. His last address known to Google is: 397 Cleveland St, Menasha, WI 54952, (920) 729-0773.

Kurt Schwiesow
Kurt Schwiesow attended Hillcrest, Lannoye, and Pulaski High School with me. His Dad was an eye doctor and Kurt had a brother named Tyson Schwiesow. Kurt attended UW Madison I think, and wound up an Opthamologist like his dad. I think Tyson is an Opthamologist, too. Kurt also likes to race bikes, and won the Wills Fall Classic Bike Race in 2002 when he was an ophthalmology resident at Hahnemann
University.
The last time I saw Kurt he was driving past Village Green Golf Course in Green Bay, and passed me. The funny thing was, I was driving a carload of Native American musicians home on Christmas Eve. Their car had broken down near what used to be Ann's Indian Gift Shop. We had some good conversation while I drove them home, but Kurt drove by and was smiling/laughing in his car and he must have really wondered what was going on. I bet he thought I was a Native American musician, too. Just like he and his brother and dad are all Ophthalmologists. Well guess what Kurt, I'm not a Native American. I'm a good Sa-mar-i-tan.

Katrina Strehl
Katrina Strehl attended Hillcrest, Lannoye, and Pulaski High School with me.


Stacy Protzman
Stacy Protzman attended Hillcrest, Lannoye, and Pulaski High School with me. She had this fascination with Madonna for what seemed like a very long time. One time I went over to her house and she wanted to go swimming. Her parents weren't there, and I didn't feel comfortable going in the water, so I just sat on the edge. Later that day I remember we were walking outside and she killed a frog. I don't know why. One funny thing was that she had a large Barbie setup in her basement and I was pretty fascinated by it. I had never seen Barbies before and I wanted to play with them, but she didn't want to, and I think she thought I was pretty dumb for being interested in her Barbies. I first liked her in like 3rd or 4th grade and I remember that I bought her a rose one time. I think it was before some concert or something at Hillcrest School. That was right around the time I got my dark brown "George Burns" (as my uncle Rod called them) glasses, and shortly after that I began to decline in popularity.

Well I don't know much about Stacy Protzman these days. From what I can gather, she went to college in Milwaukee. Wisconsin Circuit Court Access had some more info on her, but not much.


Fred Schreiner
Fred Schreiner always loved Porsches. Fred attented Hillcrest School, Lannoye School, and then moved to Appleton, Wisconsin. He graduated from college in Milwaukee (I think) and currently works at Ariens as an Engineer. Fred married a Pulaski graduate, Nicole Duchateau who, last time I checked, was working as a Pharmacist. Fred drives a Porsche, and likes to drive fast according to Wisconsin Circuit Court Access.


Matt Schmidt
Currently residing in Davenport, IA. Is a parent of 3 kids, and married to a girl who will be a Chiropractor. Spent several years working in the Boundary Waters. Nice Guy.


Jason Pecard
Lives in Chicago. Hosts a Cable Access show called the Jason Pecard show - What else? :-) Married and a happy dad. He found me through this post.


Person
Bio


Person
Bio


Person
Bio