If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An Idle Tuesday

Not much going on in Kurt and Sandy land lately. This past weekend we went up to Minneapolis for Asli's first birthday. What a beautiful girl. Erik and Neslihan put on a great party and the food was wonderful. On the trip home we realized that Country Kitchen is not for kids under 2. I don't think the $5 tip covered the damage to the carpet. Subway is a much better place to go with kids. Lots of little things to eat -- bread, cold cuts, and chips.

Anyway. Last night I stayed up and watched the Big Lebowski on my laptop. It made me remember how much I like the Gipsy Kings. I was watching it on my laptop because our DVD player shorted out in a lightening storm. I am trying to see if I can fix it. I try to fix most things that break around here. So far I have been able to replace motors and parts in the washer and dryer, replace parts of the toilet, and fix the lawnmower. However, yesterday I got some bad news when I took the lawnmower to the shop to buy a new gas tank for it (after it fell off). The crankshaft is bent/broken. This means I need a new mower. The mower we have now we got for about a hundred bucks at Menards and I'm not going to go with a cheap mower again. The one the guy at the shop recommended is a Lawnboy Insight walk behind. After a $40 rebate it should come in at just around $300 bucks. The self-propelled ones are about a hundred bucks more (or more) and I think that that just means more to break.

Tonight I will drive with Alex Marquis to Burnsville to pick up old car from the Volkswagen dealership where he picked up his new car. Should be kinda fun.

0 comments: