If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, January 30, 2006

New Splinter Cell Movie in the Works. . .

I am planning to create a new movie based on the game Splinter Cell, which I play on the PC and Annika and I play with the lights turned off sneaking up on each other. The movie will either have a very serious/dark theme or will be funny--whatever Sandy will let me get away with. I have found the right music, essential piece of costume parapahenia, and have figured out how to make normal video look like it's been shot through a night vision camera (2X brightness decrease, grayscale, and film grain effect applied to a selected clip with a Video in Text Title Animation where the background color is set to green and 50% transparency). To make this movie I will also probably build a video camara stabilizer so I can videotape Annika and the boys as they run around the house. I am planning to mesh video game footage with the movie but only if it looks right. If I can't make it look cool or get a decent frame rate out of the capure software, I won't use it. Here's hoping that Annika likes to act. When this is done she will probably have her Halloween costume ready! That's the name of the game!

0 comments: