If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, January 30, 2006

What should we call the new Robot?

This weekend Sandy and I bought a SpotBot.

Our cat throws up once in a while (he eats plants) and the kids make the occassional mess. The SpotBot is designed to automatically clean stains. You just fill it with water and Bissell cleaning fluid, and let it work. It seems very well designed, and the detachable spray, scrub and suction head works very well. We have a stain at the bottom of our basement stairs that we're not clear on its origin. We put the SpotBot down and let it clean the stain in three different places, and when it had cleaned the carpet was fluffy again, and white, but we were left with 3 white circles in an area of gray. So that night I used the detachable manual cleaning part and cleaned the spot and I think it worked great. We'll have to try it out on newer stains before it finally passes inspection, but so far we like it. It will also be useful for detailing the car and minivan, and cleaning stairs.

2 comments:

Darth Daddy 2/05/2006 12:51:00 AM  

Hey - a little R5D4 unit. I've thought of getting one of those - but my old carpet (before I replaced it with hard wood flooring) would have eaten that thing alive.

Shannon

Kurt Schroeder 2/09/2006 03:35:00 PM  

It works pretty well. For big stains though, I would not use the automatic function but instead just use REALLY hot water and the manual clean function. Much easier to "feather" the area in question. Also because the cleaning fluid is not cheap (though not EXPENSIVE like some websites say) I tend to use it half strength on things like fresh cat throw up stains and cleaning the van floor. For more serious stuff, we use full strength. It only makes sense.