If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dear Mike and Ron

Dear Mike and Ron,

Sandy and I will be coming up to Duluth this weekend, and I know that you both want to take me out for ride-alongs, but this time, I am going to have to decline. We get in late on Thursday night and it will take a bit to get things settled and unpacked. Then on Friday night I'm going to the Ballet with Annika, and Sandy will be staying home alone. So I don't want to leave her on Saturday night, too. I always have fun when I come up there and go out with you, but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking about your sister sitting in that house alone. I have tried to convince her to go out with you guys instead, but she doesn't think she should go. I think that she feels that if she knew exactly what you do, that she might worry more. Personally, I think she would probably worry less, but my luck, the night she went out would be the night it was wall to wall action, and Sandy would be running and gunning with you guys, chasing down someone and calling for backup. And I would be sitting there in that house, watching a movie and feeling left out.

So this time, I'll stay home with your sister. Maybe we'll watch a movie. Maybe we'll order Chinese. Maybe we'll get a Hawiian VIP pizza and think about the old times.

Please feel free to stop by and say hello on any night though. If any elderly neighbors are around, I'll even let you haul me out and throw me over the hood of your squad if you want to screw around. The next time we'll be in town for sure will be in August, when we'll be passing through on our way to/from our rented cabin in Bemidji. At that time, I would love to go on a ride along with either one of you.

-Kurt

0 comments: