If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Cancel your cable!

Just call up your cable money and say someting like:

"Hello, I came across this advertisement for XX Satellite TV that is offering a monthly subscription for $XX. Although I like my current TV, this offer is making me seriously consider switching. I was wondering if you can offer a similar price."

Most likely, they will offer to match the price, even for a limited time, like 3 to 6 months, when they do, write down on your calendar when it expires, and when that time comes around, look for a cable deal you might want to switch to.

Cable companies don't wanto to lose your businsess, and apparantly, are more than happy to let people have the introductory rate. A co-worker of mine is married to a cable company employee and verified this information.

I got the idea here: http://www.pfadvice.com/2006/02/08/financial-challenge-day-13/.

0 comments: