Well I finally finished my eHarmony Personlity profile I started it last year and it just took so damn long. I'd fininsh a page of questions and my percentage done would go from 2%-3%. Honest to God there must have been 1000 questions. They should have a one page questionairre for guys who promise to tell the truth, 9 yes and no questions and one essay. From this most women could tell if they want to date them.
- I smoke or drink a lot.
- I don't like pets.
- I believe in God or some deity.
- I like children and respect their rights as human beings.
- I am not in debt to my elbows.
- I need to have the best of everything.
- I don't hit people.
- I swear once in a while.
- I only to country music.
- Essay: You are given 1 trillion dollars and the ability to make any laws that you feel need to be made for the sake of the United States of America. What would you do
- You tend to dislike sudden or abrupt changes. You prefer things the way they are. Your motto might be: "If it's not broken, don't fix it."
- You tend to be loyal to others. Your loyalty shows in a variety of ways including your "staying power" with relationships and activities.
- You may demonstrate positive possessiveness by developing strong attachments; however, you will not be overly involved as some others tend to do.
- You are a good friend and are always willing to help those you consider to be your friends. You also show strong ties, and will be uncomfortable when separated from your friends for an extended period.
- You tend to be a traditionalist, and will enjoy the social environment best if it is stable and predictable. You dislike sudden decisions about where to go or what to do, preferring to think things out first.
Each person has a unique way of communicating. We use a combination of body language, facial expression, verbal tone and word choice to share ourselves with others. The following statements offer a look at the natural behavior you bring to an interpersonal relationship.
- In communicating with others, you may support the mainstream ideas rather than new trailblazing activities. You may prefer the stable and traditional activities.
- You have a communications style which many people are comfortable with almost immediately. You are sincere, a good listener, not pushy and overall a comfortable person to be near.
- Others will notice that you are a sincere person about what you say and do. This trait, along with the excellent listening skills, creates an individual whom most people find pleasant to be with and a calming type of person.
Many different factors determine the communication styles with which you are most comfortable. Some individuals thrive on the challenge of pointed criticism, while others are at their best in a nurturing environment where criticism is offered as a suggestion for improvement. Each of us has a unique set of requirements and preferences. Below is a list of communication styles that will mesh well with your own. Having a partner who understands and practices these traits is important to your long-term happiness.
- Be precise about the use of time for an active and busy person.
- Understand a defiant nature, and know it is not malicious.
- Flatter ego.
- Patiently draw out personal interests.
- Provide solid, yes or no answers--don't say maybe.
- Be responsive toward ideas and commitments.
- Listen sincerely.
- Get to the bottom line of the problem and speak at a rapid pace.
- Provide personal support and assurance.
- Ask "How" questions to draw out opinions.
- Show sincere interest as a person.
Following are some of the specific strengths and/or personal characteristics that you bring to a relationship. These may form the foundations of many of your friendships and dealings with other people. Some will seem obvious, but you may be surprised by others. Take a moment to reflect on each and consider what role it may have played in your past successes, and even failures.
- You are a dependable and caring partner.
- You are good at reconciling (i.e. you don't like to sulk after a conflict is resolved).
- You tend to approach problems in a creative way.
- You are good at helping others to reach their goals.
- You tend to work hard at making sure that other people are happy.
- You tend to have a strong sense of what is "right."
- You tend to be a very calming influence in heated situations.
- You take pride in being very loyal to friends and family.
- You are passionate about your ideals.
- You tend to be self-reliant and not enjoy relying solely on others.
- You like to resolve issues well the first time, and then move on.
- You are a big thinker with big plans and a big image that usually carries through.
In general, human beings are defined by their needs and individuals by their wants. Your emotional wants are especially important when establishing with whom you are compatible. While answering the Relationship Questionnaire you established a pattern of basic, subconscious wants. This section of the report was produced by analyzing those patterns. Our wants change as we mature and obtain our life goals. You may find it valuable to revisit this section periodically to see how your wants have changed.
You may want:
- Excitement and variety of activities.
- Acceptance in a variety of groups.
- No close supervision--you don't want people to hang over your shoulder.
- A support system to help you get things done.
- Partners who practice listening and participation.
- A friendly, favorable social environment.
- Equal relations with others.
- Freedom from many rules and regulations and the ability to write your own rules.
- An audience to perform to and entertain.
So...let's take the first thing they said and add it to the last thing. Basically, I am a clown that doesn't like to do anything until the last possible minute. Thanks eHarmony. My wife could have told me that.