If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

SUPERMOMMY

Yesterday Sandy got her blog off to a great start. Supermommy she is. However, in my zeal to help her, I was embroiled in a controversy to which I have found no good conclusion:

"SUPERMOMMY" looks improper in most typefaces.

There are just too damn many M's in it.

Being who I am, an anal-retentive typeface selector, I searched high and low for a font good enough for SuperMommy. First, Sandy wanted a shield to replace the S. Then she wanted a typeface that looked kinda like the Superman title logo shown here:






I kinda thought I could do something like that for her, but I couldn't figure it out. (We'll, I COULD, but the crux of the problem is the length of the name, not how to apply the 3D effect.)

So I went online to one of my favorite font websites, www.myfonts.com. There you can search for thousands of fonts and see your text in a particular font, and then cut and paste it into your application.It's like getting a font for free, kinda. You just get a picture of it.

So I started trying to create a logo for her. So far this is some of the crap I have come up with:


I'm not completely happy with either of them. Regardless, Sandy is a Super Mommy, and a Super Wife. And a Super Writer. And this morning, because she couldn't sleep, she was super tired.

And this post is super done.

1 comments:

Sandy 6/21/2006 02:36:00 PM  

I like the butterfly one!