If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Dead Friend

Yeaterday Annika and I went for a walk to Wrights Small Engine Service to pickup my lawn mower blade. On the way back we found a dead Monarch butterfly on the ground. She wanted me to pick it up for her. She started talking about how she was going to take it home and protect it so no one would step on it and she loved it and said it was her friend.

I said something like "OK, but it's dead Annika. I just want you to know that."

She said "It's a dead friend" and continued to talk about how much she liked it.

And you know what, when my friends are dead, I'll love them, too.

1 comments:

Heather 7/12/2006 10:13:00 PM  

M also has a dead friend. Her Dad found it in his garage and brought it in the house to show the kids. It's now in M's bug box. I don't know when we'll be able to part with it. (It's also a Monarch.)