If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Canoeing the Zumbro River

Canoeing looks like it's not spelled correctly. Then again, name another word with the sequentian letters oei. Besides Poeism. But I digress already...

Today Annika and I went for a late afternoon canoe trip on the Zumbro. In all our years of living in Stewartville and Rochester, and having my Mom's canoe, I had never been on the Zumbro. Ever. I scratched my car getting it on top, and almost broke my back in the process because it weighs so damn much. But it glides though the water like a fallen leaf, and we were quickly on our way upstream. We saw little fish, and made a special effort to paddle under low hanging branches that offered leaves to pick. Sandbars and a low water level allowed us to get out and cool off as we pleased. I have decided that I will endeavor to become a master at loading the canoe onto the vehicles, and will develop a way to quickly store it once we're back home.







1 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 9/01/2006 07:11:00 AM  

I really like the canoe. Its flat bottom makes it easy to push over shallow areas. The main problem is the weight, which I will get used to and master.