If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Chain Questionnaire Dies Here.

Sandy tagged me to fill out this book questionnaire. I usually don't do this stuff but I'll fill it out because Sandy asked me to. :-)

  1. One book that changed your life? I found a copy of All You Ever Wanted to Know about Sex. . .But Were Afraid to Ask when I was in high school. I read it multiple times, and it set me straight on a lot of issues on which I had unanswered questions.
  2. One book you have read more than once? When I was young I used to read lots of books on car trips, and invariably I would bring along my brother's copy of The Cat fro Outer Space, so that's one. Another one is Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I used to read all the time. The only books I have read over and over lately are Tea Life, Tea Mind by Soshitsu Sen which I read a couple of times a year, and Customers for Life which is a book on customer service that I got from Erik. Also, every winter I read Home Ice by Jack Falla, and make a plan to put an ice pond in my backyard.
  3. One book you would want on a desert island? Depends which island I was on and what kind of trees it had.
  4. One book that made you laugh? Probably Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut.
  5. One book that made you cry? I have cried at the end of and A Prayer for Owen Meany and A Widow for One Year, both by John Irving. Lately, I cried while reading the ending of the book The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. That guy looks like a serial killer by the way.
  6. One book you had wish had been written? The Gospel of Christ, by Christ.
  7. One book you wish had never been written? The Book of Revelations, because I don't think it belongs in the Bible. No one is really sure who wrote it anyway, or where they thought that stuff up. Maybe mushrooms were available back then?
  8. One book you are currently reading? I am currently reading Saboteurs: The Nazi Raid on America by Washing Post reporter Michael Dobbs. Also, recently I finished Exodus again. Currently I am reading Joshua. As I get older, the Bible offers more questions that it does answers.
  9. One book you have been meaning to read? My dad gave me a copy of Battle Cry of Freedom by James McPherson, which is supopsed to be he best single book ever written on the Civil War. I enjoy reading history, and have it on my plate to read McCullough's Truman sometime this winter.
Anyone who wants to fill out the same questions, feel free.

0 comments: