If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, August 28, 2006

New Project - Squigglevision

When Sandy and I were first dating we used to watch a show on Comedy Central called Dr. Katz. It used a technique known as "Squigglevision" to generate the movement of crudely drawn pictures. I decided that I will create a program that takes static images and makes Squigglevision images (animated gifs) from them. I think these would be very useful to use in my home movies of the kids.

The program I will use to do this will probably be ImageMagick.

The example shown here is the best one I could find using Google's Image Search. It's kinda weird.

2 comments:

Charlemagne Stavanger 8/28/2006 02:58:00 PM  

aw very nice, love the effects of the images, can't wait to see the program you create.

----------------
http://www.blogcrowds.com/

jhmeyer 10/02/2006 02:21:00 PM  

Yeah, very cool! I'm sure the gif sharing community would really like to see some of the animations that can be produced. Great work!