If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Economics in One Lesson

Often I will make recommendations to kids starting college that if they have to take economics, there is but one book they need to read, Economics in One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt. I found my copy for 50 cents at the RO Carlson Book and Record shop in Duluth.

The "One Lesson" is this:

The art of economics consists in looking not merely at the immediate but at the longer effects of any act or policy; it consists in tracing the consequences of that policy not merely for one group but for all groups.

Today I found it online for free.

1 comments:

DLcousin 9/15/2006 07:41:00 PM  

Another 50 cents gone with the wind!