If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some "Smut" for My Mom

Some of my best memories of growing up are the time spent in my mom's library. She was a librarian at Lombardi Middle School in Green Bay, and my brother Erik and I spent many hours there, and ate a lot of Hardee's Mushroom and Swiss burgers in the periodical room (think "library fine money").

Erik and I did a lot of work in that library, helping make the transition to barcodes, hanging up seasonal decorations, and playing a lot of Brøderbund games on her Apple computers, the IIgs being my personal fave.

My mom is a lover of life and the outdoors. She treks all over Europe, and is fascinated by geography. But secretly, I think she yearns for the indoors--crowded, paper-filled, bound spaces like these. . .











More pictures of libraries. . .

http://thenonist.com/index.php/thenonist/permalink/hot_library_smut/

2 comments:

DLcousin 10/17/2006 09:28:00 PM  

Fabulous pictures...I've been known to visit a few libraries here and there. Last fall I was wandering around in an historic town in eastern Portugal and was close enough to touch some of the logs of Magellan. The people you meet in libraries stay with you forever. Quiz: Why do we call the location symbols librarians put on books "call numbers?"

Kurt Schroeder 10/17/2006 10:36:00 PM  

I have no idea.