If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some "Smut" for My Mom

Some of my best memories of growing up are the time spent in my mom's library. She was a librarian at Lombardi Middle School in Green Bay, and my brother Erik and I spent many hours there, and ate a lot of Hardee's Mushroom and Swiss burgers in the periodical room (think "library fine money").

Erik and I did a lot of work in that library, helping make the transition to barcodes, hanging up seasonal decorations, and playing a lot of Brøderbund games on her Apple computers, the IIgs being my personal fave.

My mom is a lover of life and the outdoors. She treks all over Europe, and is fascinated by geography. But secretly, I think she yearns for the indoors--crowded, paper-filled, bound spaces like these. . .











More pictures of libraries. . .

http://thenonist.com/index.php/thenonist/permalink/hot_library_smut/