If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Where I grew up...


This was a common sight. Erik and I would visit the horses at Brookwood Stables every day, and bring them carrots. I was scared of their whinnies. I enjoyed the smell of the stables and the hay the horses slept on. Near the stable was Trout Creek, a small trickle that ran through the woods. In the winter it would ice over and you could walk on it. I remember one time I walked on the ice, following its meander past trees and branches that whipped at my face. In some spots I could see the the fish under the clearer areas of ice. Looking back, I didn't spend much time really exploring the area I lived in, and maybe I missed out. Maybe we should have thrown less footballs and taken more walks. Maybe we should have thrown less snowballs and put on a pair of ice skates once in a while.

I'm just thinking.

1 comments:

Sandy 11/07/2006 08:50:00 PM  

Have I told you how much I admire the way you write? I'm jealous.