If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Where I grew up...


This was a common sight. Erik and I would visit the horses at Brookwood Stables every day, and bring them carrots. I was scared of their whinnies. I enjoyed the smell of the stables and the hay the horses slept on. Near the stable was Trout Creek, a small trickle that ran through the woods. In the winter it would ice over and you could walk on it. I remember one time I walked on the ice, following its meander past trees and branches that whipped at my face. In some spots I could see the the fish under the clearer areas of ice. Looking back, I didn't spend much time really exploring the area I lived in, and maybe I missed out. Maybe we should have thrown less footballs and taken more walks. Maybe we should have thrown less snowballs and put on a pair of ice skates once in a while.

I'm just thinking.

1 comments:

Sandy 11/07/2006 08:50:00 PM  

Have I told you how much I admire the way you write? I'm jealous.