If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006 - Beware of Sap

I feel like I'm acting like Scrooge, but I want to be a Tiny Tim.

Owen's parking garage took two hours to delicately assemble, and today we caught him roughing it up, and part of it broke when I tried to fix it.



The boys have been sick all weekend, but Alex caught the brunt of it the past few days.



The toy that I thought would be the winner, a LeapPad learning system, was mostly ignored by Annika.

And on top of it all, I feel like there was just too much going on. At times I was really frazzled.

BUT

Owen loved playing with all the toys, especially Alex's Matchbox car jumping launcher thing.



Alex is getting better, and I have been able to spend lots of time holding and reading to him.

And as for Annika. . .



Let's just say that Hales know just what a little princess wants.

Now the kids are napping. The house is picked up. In a minute I will take a small replica wedding cake out of the chest freezer and bring it up to the fridge so it's 95% butter frosting can thaw out in time for our eighth anniversary. And Mike and Ann had a beautiful healthy baby girl.

As the old song says...It's not the presents under the tree, it's your presence, right here next to me.



Merry Christmas, and Happy Anniversary. God has blessed us, everyone.

2 comments:

Sandy 12/28/2006 08:59:00 AM  

Coughing and broken parking garages aside, it was a very nice Christmas, wasn't it?

Kurt Schroeder 12/28/2006 09:01:00 AM  

Next year. Secluded log cabin. Each kids gets 2 toys, one of which is a Kleenex box.