If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sending in my wheels for a rebuild

Today I am sending in my hubs to Peter White for a wheel rebuild. It will come in at around $300 for 2 new wheels built in Mavic Open Pro rims. My hope is that this will eliminate the problems I have had with my tubular tires, which are very expensive and hard to replace, and really not made for a guy who attached a kid trailer to a road bike and rides it to work down Broadway.

The picture below is not my actual wheels, but I thought it looked fascinating. This must have ended up being a little painful for rider involved. As in, "ouch, my wallet hurts."

0 comments: