Sandy and I stayed at this hotel in Stavanger during our honeymoon. We called them from Bergen and arranged to stay there the next day. It was very special. I thought of it today and hopped on their website, http://www.skagenbryggehotell.no/.
Some of the things I remember from our time in Stavanger were:
- Walking around the Stavanger shopping district at night. Very clean and fun, kinda hilly. Lots of teenagers on cell phones wearing chunky shoes.
- An excellent workout room with - free beer next to the sauna!
- A $15 cab ride the next day in a beautiful deep blue BMW to the train station - which was about a football field away!
- A complimentary romantic gift basket for us newlyweds. Much better than the one at the SAS Radisson in Bergen with the $8 macademia nuts we threw in the trash and then took out and ate when we found the price list.
- We traveled to Stavanger from Bergen via Hydrofoil! We got pretty sea sick but the guy next to me sat there stone faced drinking a huge beer while we went up and down for 2 hours.