If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My 10 favorite sounds/smells

Sandy put up a nice little post on her 10 favorite sounds, so I thought I'd put down a few of my favorites:

Some of my favorite sounds, in no particular order:

  • my car starting on a cold day
  • the phone ringing when I've been AVAIL for a little too long at work
  • the racking of a shotgun, when _I_ am the one doing the racking
  • silence
  • when Yorkie has little dreams and she yips in her sleep
  • Sandy hitting the post button on her blog so I can play some video games
Some of my favorite smells, in no particular order:
  • Concordia Language Villages printing ink
  • Scandinavian gas stations (basically, diesel fuel)
  • Lilacs
  • Black Licorice
  • rosemary
  • jetways (again fuel related I think)
  • Wrigley's doublemint gum
  • leather shops (the Moroccan pavilion at Epcot Center)

2 comments:

Heather 1/17/2007 11:04:00 PM  

The sounds, my favorite would be (related to the Yorkie sound I guess) is the little laugh that newborn babies have while they're sleeping. It has made me laugh every time and is the most beautiful sound I've heard.

The fuel smell fetish? Um, you might need help. Maybe go tour McNeilus with Craig. It'll either inspire a greater appreciation for strange smells, or cure any fetish.

Just saying.

Heather 1/17/2007 11:05:00 PM  

oops. A faux pas there with the
"is the"

My apologies.