If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Now that's a highlight film

At a recent birthday party, I was schooled in the basketball arts by my friend Heather. She whooped me in PIG. Shooting from far beyond the range of other bloggers, she nailed overhand, underhand, and every other possible shot, often from ranges of excess of 20 feet. It took a little begging from me to get her on the hard court, but I guess I must be a glutton for punishment. Occasionally, our game was interrupted by things unknown to most NBA players - having our basketballs stolen by kids, having to stand behind barriers of folding chairs, and having to manually adjust the plastic hoop when it was knocked out of position.

We would be without any photographic of said event had someone not happened to capture this shot of one of Heather's many fantastic shots.


Good game.

4 comments:

Heather 1/16/2007 09:44:00 AM  

Oh my, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that picture. Couldn't you have at least used a non-Halloween party photo? I try to limit my blue eyeshadow-wearing to once a year.

Just for the record, I don't have hairy armpits either.

Kurt Schroeder 1/16/2007 09:48:00 AM  

I looked for a better photo but you don't post many photos of yourself. I guess I'll have to get out the camera and come over and do some glamour shots myself...

Sandy 1/16/2007 12:49:00 PM  

What's up with my dad playing forward?

Oh...and did you try looking at Heather's profile pic? It's simply gorgeous (not that the one you used isn't!).

Heather 1/16/2007 03:08:00 PM  

Miss M just asked me if that was me in the picture. I had to laugh.

I just said "Annika's Daddy made a silly picture didn't he?"

Glamour shots are definitely not in order...I try to avoid pictures of myself most of the time!