If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened This Week

Some of you may know that I have been writing an article for a magazine that is distributed amongst the masses where I work, but you may not know that during that process, something entirely unexpected happened.
A few days after I submitted this article, I was contacted by an editor of the magazine. She began by praising my article (I believe she used the terms "creative intelligence" and "succint" more than once) and telling me that it was the finest submission on IPP Printing she had seen in a long time. But then she went on to tell me that the REAL purpose of her call was to request my permission to submit my photo that accompanied the article to a modeling agency. Apparently, her husband works at a famous talent agency (I cannot mention it here, but it runs national campaigns and has signed some very famous people), and he is currently looking for male models who possess that certain "something," and she thinks I may have it.
So after some soul searching, I've decided to do it. In addition to the one photo, the woman requested that I submit some other headshots.
Here's where you, my readers, come in. This may be life-changing for me, both personally and financially, so I need all of you to be really serious. Below I've included the poses I think best represent me. I would like you all to critique me. Let me know which shots you'd submit, and which poses would be better left here at home.

Here they are, in no particular order.

Here's the shot I submitted with the article. Basically, it's the photo that started all of this.



But I don't think it truly does me justice. Here's some other shots I think may be a bit better. This is what I like to call "my serious pose sans glasses." Check out my chiseled, manly jaw.



Here's a more real pose. I like my hair in this one.



Here's one final shot. It's a little more up close, but it really brings out my best features and highlights my "good" side.



I'm set to send the photos off this week. Let me know what you think. I'll thank all of you when I'm doing covers for this magazine.

1 comments:

Heather 4/01/2007 10:06:00 PM  

I particularly like the line: "I like my hair in this one."