If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Monday, June 04, 2007

The only post I will ever write about Harry Potter

I bet that the final book of Harry Potter has an Epilogue from the far future where the headmaster at Hogwarts has a scar on his forehead, barely hidden by a mess of dark hair. Just an odd random thought. He's not gonna totally die, folks. Come on.

Personally I think that anyone into the Harry Potter series should make sure they have read the Earthsea books by Ursula K. LeGuin.

That said, anything that gets kids reading is usually a good thing.

1 comments:

Karen 6/04/2007 08:41:00 PM  

I read the Earthsea trilogy again and again. I've re-read them as an adult. Have you read The Dark is Rising set by Susan Cooper? I grew from Edward Eager to E. Nesbit to Susan Cooper and Ursula K. LeGuin to Robert Heinlein.

I think the best fantasy out there is written for children. I've never hesitated to keep my favorites on my bookshelves and on my list of books-I-will-read-once-a-year-from-here-until-eternity. I enjoy the Harry Potter series, too, and even the Eragon series.