If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, June 04, 2007

The only post I will ever write about Harry Potter

I bet that the final book of Harry Potter has an Epilogue from the far future where the headmaster at Hogwarts has a scar on his forehead, barely hidden by a mess of dark hair. Just an odd random thought. He's not gonna totally die, folks. Come on.

Personally I think that anyone into the Harry Potter series should make sure they have read the Earthsea books by Ursula K. LeGuin.

That said, anything that gets kids reading is usually a good thing.

1 comments:

Karen 6/04/2007 08:41:00 PM  

I read the Earthsea trilogy again and again. I've re-read them as an adult. Have you read The Dark is Rising set by Susan Cooper? I grew from Edward Eager to E. Nesbit to Susan Cooper and Ursula K. LeGuin to Robert Heinlein.

I think the best fantasy out there is written for children. I've never hesitated to keep my favorites on my bookshelves and on my list of books-I-will-read-once-a-year-from-here-until-eternity. I enjoy the Harry Potter series, too, and even the Eragon series.