If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Watching vs. Stabbing

My back.

On one hand, there is the person who complained to my manager that I am some kind of absent-minded/dim-witted fool that routinely walks away from his phone while in Available status, causing live calls to flow through my phone to other waiting call-takers. This person did not have the guts to talk to me directly about it, so they felt obliged to comment to management. And that's fine. People have the right to talk to whoever they want to talk to. But I spend my day talking to customers and running around to help my co-workers, so I'm not going to change the way I do my job. And if I happen to walk away from my phone while I'm in available status and the call goes to another person, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. What I might lose sleep over is the fact that one of my co-workers thinks that I am cruel and unapproachable.

On the other hand, my mother. Who today picked up a shirt I had spilled Pepsi on, provided me with a clean shirt while she went home and washed and dried my stained one, then brought me the clean shirt back to work on her way to town.


Maybe Mom can help me get the blood out of the shirt, too...
Damn.

This post has been edited from the original.

0 comments: