If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blog Banners

Lately it seems that more and more people have gotten into the habit of using Blog Banners which they whip up themselves or have other people do.

My thoughts:

  1. Start with the highest quality artwork you can.
  2. Less is more.
  3. Work within a program that allows you to work with vector graphics instead of raster graphics. (For example, Inkscape instead of Photoshop.)
Here is an example of what I am talking about:



Not perfect, but not bad. Design-wise it could use some help.

3 comments:

Kurt Schroeder 8/07/2007 11:49:00 AM  

FLAME ON!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada 8/07/2007 04:36:00 PM  

Not bad! I spent a fortune on Photoshop though, so I guess I better get used to raster graphics (whatever that is!!??) Told ya I am still learning :)

Amy 8/07/2007 11:13:00 PM  

Oooh, open source vector illustration program! Will it work on Mac OS?