If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Five Dangerous Things You Should Let Your Kid Do

From this TED Talk.

  • Drive a Car
  • Have a pocket knife
  • Control Fire
  • Take Apart an Appliance
  • Throw a Spear
Comments? Personally, I agree with all of them. As a kid I played with fire and had a knife and took apart toys and anything else I could get my hands on. Twice in my life I have held a burning gas can through...not good!

1 comments:

ellen 1/05/2008 08:35:00 AM  

What parents don't know won't hurt them! A favorite memory is our fall leaf parties where we rotated duties among raking, lugging, and tending the fire. You must have figured it out: my letting you guys tend the fire was the bait for doing the job, but wasn't it fun!