If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ringing that Bell

The other day Sandy and I were fortunate enough to be able to go and ring the Salvation Army bell at the Hy-Vee. When we took over for the previous ringer, and older guy doing the basic ring ring thing, we started singing, and I noticed that more people seemed to give. This morning a quick search on singing Salvation Army bell ringers led me to a stoiry about a reformed drug addict who turned his life around with the Salvation Army, and currently rings his bell, sings, opens doors, and reminds people to wear their seatbelts at the Mall of America.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17401894

I still wonder if anyone has done statistics on if singing while ringing makes a noticeable difference in donations.

0 comments: