If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Tale of Two Novels

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

via Balloon-Juice

1 comments:

norway 3/22/2009 01:10:00 PM  

Hi Kurt from your Mom's high school friend from Green Bay. I've had great fun meeting your family online. I found your blog when I did a Google search to determine if the Gronnvik Sons of Norway site would show up,it did,and your blog was I think 5th in the list, so I revisited the newspaper story of you. Harold's retired so since 2002 we've escaped WI winters and find AZ great.
Paul is married, has given us 3 wonderful grandchildren, 13, 10 and 6. They live on the north edge of the Milwaukee suburbs. Brian, has lived in Wash DC for 10 years, single, only has a cat to support with his free-lance science writing.
I'm still active in Sons of N. and still editing it's newsletter. BV