If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore. This may change at any time. But PLEASE feel free to look through our Flickr stream (over on the right), which is updated almost every day.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Re-Shingling the House

Last year I blogged about how Sandy and I had sought estimates for our roof repair. They ranged from $5440 to $6720. The estimate that mosyt closely matches the shingles that Sandy and I decided on was $5660.

I decided to roof the house myself nd in the interest of transparency this post will serve as a running total of the cost:


(rounded up w/o tax)

Ice and water barrier: $450
Starter shingles: $120
2x4 Lumber: $9
Ridge Vent: $226
Shingle ripper: $35
30# felt $243
TOTAL (so far) $1083



Extected extra costs: Shingles: $2225
(Owens Corning Duration in Driftwood)
Misc: $400
Labor: ?




0 comments: