If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Friday, May 26, 2006

More Thoughts on Music. . .

A friend of mine has a very eclectic music collection, from which I happened to borrow and copy 2 CDs - Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back and Radiohead's OK Computer. Last year both of these albums were voted #1 and #2 of the last 20 years by the readers of Q Magazine. Here's my point - there is a lot of great music that I don't own. I got copies of these two albums by luck. A short list of some of the other famous people for which I own any music would be:

The Beatles
Elvis (bought a copy of Polk Salad Annie online yesterday though)
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan (Sandy and I actually walked out on his concert in Duluth. In retrospect - completely stupid.)
Janis Joplin
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams
. . .
and many others.

I guess in this post I'm just being honest. There is a lot of classic stuff I don't own. But I'm working on it.

0 comments: