If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Friday, June 23, 2006

One person's trash. . .

At work we have a new manager, Hannah Day. I was asked by our team lead if I wanted to make a welcome video for Hannah, basically showing her who people are and what we do.

I think many of the other people in my group would think this was punishment, but to me, it's like Christmas in June. Here's why:

  • Despite being kind of a slacker, I am an overachiever. I like to dong certain things very well.
  • I already have lots of funny ideas for the video:
    • Scrolling the credits on a line printer.
    • Showing people napping inside a huge printer we have.
    • Showing people rolling their eyes while talking to customers.
    • Taking video of some of the women in the group with long hair turn their heads quickly and slow down the video to make it look like a hair product commercial -- basically sexing it up.
    • Showing people in the group slap-fighting in slow motion.
    • Having fake interviews with old managers and having Annika fill in for a manager we had named Alanna.
  • And I have some ideas for music:
    • The Theme Song for the UK version of The Office -- Handbags and Gladrags
    • Some stuff by the Chemical Brothers
    • Name of the Game by Crystal Method, which was also used in the video game Splinter Cell
    • The introduction music used by the Chicago Bulls back when Michael Jordan was playing -- Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project.
To me, a project like this is an opportunity to spend some quality time with my computer in the wee hours of the night, and the fact that it will only be appreciated for about 5 minutes simply heightens the effect.

0 comments: