At work we have a new manager, Hannah Day. I was asked by our team lead if I wanted to make a welcome video for Hannah, basically showing her who people are and what we do.
I think many of the other people in my group would think this was punishment, but to me, it's like Christmas in June. Here's why:
- Despite being kind of a slacker, I am an overachiever. I like to dong certain things very well.
- I already have lots of funny ideas for the video:
- Scrolling the credits on a line printer.
- Showing people napping inside a huge printer we have.
- Showing people rolling their eyes while talking to customers.
- Taking video of some of the women in the group with long hair turn their heads quickly and slow down the video to make it look like a hair product commercial -- basically sexing it up.
- Showing people in the group slap-fighting in slow motion.
- Having fake interviews with old managers and having Annika fill in for a manager we had named Alanna.
- And I have some ideas for music:
- The Theme Song for the UK version of The Office -- Handbags and Gladrags
- Some stuff by the Chemical Brothers
- Name of the Game by Crystal Method, which was also used in the video game Splinter Cell
- The introduction music used by the Chicago Bulls back when Michael Jordan was playing -- Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project.