If you see fewer posts. . .

it's because I don't post much anymore.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I love words. And Wikipedia.

What does wingnut mean?

It is a derogatory term used to label someone who holds extreme Rebublican (right wing) or Democratic (left wing) views. That's where the "nut" part comes in. Sometimes it is shortened to "winger." So right winger means right wingnut.

I hadn't realized this before and I think it's fascinating.

More political eipthets and theirt meanings available at Wikipedia.

4 comments:

Karen 9/20/2006 09:09:00 AM  

I only got through the middle of the B section before the kids started yelling, but I am fond of "Beardo the Weirdo" and have been call a bleeding-heart liberal.

Maybe I'm a wing nut.

Kurt Schroeder 9/20/2006 10:46:00 AM  

Then you're not yet to my favorite - "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys."

Kurt Schroeder 9/20/2006 10:47:00 AM  

By the way I am unable to grow a beard. If I don't shave for 3 weeks I still look like the boys.

Heather 9/20/2006 11:06:00 PM  

Wow that's quite a list.

I debated about commenting, but decided this is probably not a prank...
I told Sandy I didn't know if I should comment anymore, but here I am....I appreciated the apology, by the way.

Even if you are a wingnut who is against cheese eating surrender monkeys.

So I'm a little sensitive.

You could have some of Craig's hair. He is one hairy man...and I love him despite his hairiness.